Yapta is seeking an experienced Core Platform Software Engineer, excited by the convergence of technology and travel. As part of an agile development team, you will be building the infrastructure for the FareIQ price tracking assurance platform – a solution utilized by some of the biggest travel brands in the world.
You have a drive to learn and investigate new technologies and are relentlessly focused on the customer experience.
You have a strong desire to work on a small team where each member has a lot of ownership and where each individual can make a big impact.
You should be passionate about start-up opportunities, have a demonstrable track record of success delivering new features and products and thrive in a fast moving environment. And you want to have fun doing it!
- Design and develop efficient, scalable and reliable Enterprise SaaS applications for use by some of the largest Travel brands.
- Collaborate with other engineers and operations to deliver scalable, robust, and high-performance systems.
- Develop automated tests (and work with QA) to verify the correctness and robustness of your code and overall solution.
- Ship high quality code in an agile development environment.
- Work with program management to understand and map business requirements into technical designs and solution implementation.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong experience with relational database technologies and/or NoSQL implementations
- Knowledge of standards-based REST service design
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals including OO design, data structures, multithreaded/concurrent programming, algorithm design and problem solving.
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for enterprise-grade online services.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast paced, data driven, Agile development environment.
- Strong customer focus, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Prior experience with travel technology and systems a plus.
Software Engineer in Test
Yapta is looking for a Software Engineer in Test who is excited by the convergence of technology and travel. The successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong OO design and implementation experience. The candidate we seek is passionate about working in a startup and have a demonstrable track record of testing and delivering high quality products.
- Testing a distributed Python system with databases, queues, daemons, and asynchronous processes with a simple web admin portal.
- Writing automated system and integration tests in Python and (temporarily) maintaining existing Junit tests, all on Linux.
- Working on Selenium RC GUI automation in Python.
- We have great IT, CI, and Dev box setups as well as nice test frameworks.
- Work as part of a team ensuring the quality of Yapta’s FareIQ product.
- In collaboration with product software engineering, design / build high quality automation testing software, frameworks and components.
- 3+ years of professional QA engineer experience, including at least 1+ years of experience programming automated tests.
- A proven track record building automated tests that find software defects.
- Proficient in OOP in Python, Ruby, Java, C#, etc.
- Strong Linux/Unix systems and command line experience.
- Experienced in manual and automated software testing and QA methods.
- Strong xUnit test automation experience using Nosetests, Pyunit, rubyunit, Junit, etc.
- Familiarity with distributed systems and associated technologies – XML, json, http, html, RESTful web services, SOAP, etc.
- Excellent database and SQL skills.
- Experience writing software test plans.
- Prefer B.S. in Computer Science or other formal CS training or related experience.
- Prefer Web/GUI automation experience – Selenium RC / Webdriver, Watir, Squish, etc.
- Prefer familiarity with Continuous Integration – Jenkins/Hudson, etc.
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast paced, data driven, changing environment.